Columbus Ohio Golf Lessons
Private Instruction | Group Instruction | Lesson Packages | Maximum Golf Program | Video Training
With every golf lesson you will receive a custom tailored plan focusing on specific areas to greatly improve your game. Your current level of play, your personal goals, your own style and time commitments are some of the factors taken into account for your total personal game plan.
We can take any level player and through our professional golf lessons make them a decent player. It's starts with passion for the game. Our Instructors take pride in seeing you succeed at golf. It's a very hard game to learn and that's why it's best to learn correctly from the start.
J.R. Ables's Credentials
- Class A PGA Member
- 38 years Teaching Experience
- Twice Southern Ohio PGA Teacher of the Year
- Top Fifty Instructor Golf Range Magazine
- Dave Pelz Short Game School Graduate
- Bio-Mechanics School @ Grand Cypress Graduate
- Former Women’s Golf Coach The Ohio State University
- 1971-1973 Assistant Professional at The Ohio State University Golf Courses
- 1974-1975 Co-head Professional and Assistant Men’s Golf Coach at The Ohio State University & Golf Courses
- 1976-1980 Co-head Professional and Women’s Golf Coach at The Ohio State University & Golf Courses
- 1981-1982 Teaching Professional at Bash Driving Range, Dublin, Ohio
- 1983-1988 Head Professional & Partner of Eastland Golf Center, Columbus, Ohio
- 1989-1995 Head Professional & Partner of Ables Golf Center, Westerville, Ohio
- 1996-present Head Professional & Partner of Ables Golf on Avery, Dublin, Ohio
Ables Offers Complete Golf Lessons in Columbus, Ohio
Private Golf Lessons (Half Hour)
Offered to singles and couples custom lessons tailored to your specific needs. Prepaid and referral discounts are available.
Family Golf Lessons (2-4 students per group)
These lessons provide a broad overview of the game, save money, and still allows for individualized attention. Great for families and co-workers.
On-Course Playing Lessons (will decide which course)
J.R. will accompany you to the golf course for 9 or 18 holes. Learn, course management, shot selection and strategy as J.R. acts as your caddy.
Maximum Golf Program (8 weeks)
Learn how to coach yourself and maximize your practice sessions. You'll learn how to quickly drop strokes of your game.
Custom Golf Club Fitting
Coordinating with local Columbus area club makers, J.R. will be your expert if you're thinking of buying new golf clubs. Individual attention is given to address your ability, physique and goals.
Gift Certificates For Golf Lessons
Columbus Golf Instruction gift certificates are available and can be used for any of the services that J.R. provides.